Can I register by phone, email, mail, or fax?
No, we will not be receiving registrations by phone, email, mail, or fax.
Can I register online?
Yes. See the REGISTER page.
Can I mail in a registration form?
Because you are required to choose seats at the time of registration, we will not be offering a paper form. Contact our office if you are having difficulty registering online.
Who is eligible to attend Overflow?
Overflow is for junior high students, high school students, and young adults, ages 12 –24 (approx), however it is geared to highschool aged students.
What does the Overflow registration cost include?
Registration includes access to all general sessions, concerts, workshops, and activities. Registration does not include accommodations or meals.
What about registration discounts?
We encourage you to take advantage of our early bird registration rate. Additionally, new groups (groups which have never previously attended Overflow) are eligible for a registration discount. See the REGISTER page for details.
Can we register for a portion of Overflow (i.e. a concert, a main session, a single day, etc.)?
No. For the value of our delegates, Overflow is a closed, all-inclusive weekend-long event.
Do youth leaders, bus drivers, and chaperones have to pay the full registration fee?
Yes. All who attend are required to pay. All who come, whether they are youth leaders, chaperones or bus drivers will benefit from the ministry of the weekend.
Can children under the age of 12 attend Overflow?
We do not encourage parents to bring their small children to Overflow, as there is no childcare available and the venue is loud. However, any children attending will have to be registered at the current registration rate - there are no discounts available for children, and they do not get into the event for free. One exception: infants (under the age of 1) will be permitted into the event at no charge.
Can youth attend without chaperones?
We ask that all youth under 18 attend with a chaperone or under the supervision of a youth group. We strongly suggest a ratio of one leader for every 7 students. All chaperones must be at least 19 years of age.
How do I register?
- Go to the REGISTER page and click on REGISTER NOW, this will take you to the registration form. If you are a new group, you must contact our office before you register to get the discount code.
- Enter your email address and create or log in to your account.
- Fill in the LEADER'S (i.e. your) information. We do not need the information for each student. Only leaders or adults may submit a registration form. Remember that the name you register under is the name the tickets will be under at the box office on May 18.
- Choose the section you wish to sit in from the available sections (arena diagram available on the REGISTER page and on the online form).
- Enter the number of tickets you wish to purchase.
- Enter the code for the current registration rate or for the new group discount (e.g. “earlybird” for the early bird rate). This code will be on the online form as well as the REGISTER page. If you do not put in the code, you will be paying the late rate of $109. Refunds will not be issued for registrants who do not fill in the early bird, regular, or new group code on the form properly to receive the applicable discount.
- Choose to pay by credit card or cheque and submit your registration. Make note of the rules below for cheque payments.
- You will receive an email confirmation once your registration is completed.
Can I buy more tickets?
To purchase more tickets for your group, go to the online registration form and then choose to start a new registration and fill in your leader information as you did in your original registration. You may then register for the number of additional tickets you require.
What payment options are available?
We accept credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) and cheques. If you are paying by cheque, you will have 10 business days to have payment at our office. After that point, you will lose the seats you have reserved. Cheque payments will only be available for the early bird and regular registration rates. It will not be available for the online late registration rate (credit card only).
How will I receive the tickets for my group?
Upon registering online you will immediately receive a confirmation sent to your email address with an invoice indicating the number of tickets purchased, your seat section, and the amount paid. You will pick up your registration package (including wristbands) for your entire group at the Registration Box Office at the WMRC on Friday, May 18 beginning at 5:00pm. Registration wristbands will not be mailed out before the conference.
I have extra tickets. Will you help me sell them?
No. While you are welcome to try to sell your tickets to another group, Overflow is unable to help you find a buyer. Overflow will not help you coordinate the payment or exchange of tickets.
FAQ: SEAT SELECTION
How do I choose seats for my group?
When you register online, you will be given the choice of which section(s) you wish to purchase tickets from. Remember: it is first come, first served!
What do I do if I need more tickets and there are no seats available in the section I originally bought?
You will have to choose seats in a new section for the tickets you still need to purchase. It is your responsibility at the event to make sure that the appropriate amount of chaperones are sitting with each group of students. If there are no seats left in your section, but seats available in a section that borders yours, you can purchase seats in that section for your group. You will just need to make sure that your group sits on the border of each of those two sections so that only the aisle separates them.
Can I change the section we are sitting in?
No, we are unable to switch the section that groups have bought tickets in.
If we choose seats in the bowl, can my students still go down to the front for worship and/or altar ministry times?
Yes, you will still be able to come down to the front for worship and/or ministry times if your seats are in the bowl. However, when the crowd is seated, you must go back to your assigned section.
Can I save seats?
No, you are not allowed to save seats in between sessions. All items will be thrown out or brought to the lost and found. Although you will be assigned a section to sit in, you do not get dibs on any particular seat in that section.
Are any seats or sections considered "obstructed view"?
We do not intend for any sections to have obstructed view seating, and make efforts to create clear sight lines when designing the event production. However, we cannot guarantee each seat will have perfect view of the stage. There are no extra discounts available for sections which may not have optimal views, nor will we be able to guarantee which sections will have the best views.
FAQ: ASL INTERPRETATION REGISTRATION
NEW FOR 2018: A section of seats have been reserved for ASL interpretation. Please note: space is LIMITED. Available seats will be on a first come, first served basis.
Which sessions will have ASL interpretation? The four main general sessions will have ASL interpretation available. See the schedule for exact times.
Which section has been reserved for this? Section 15 will have reserved rows closest to the floor.
Do I need to provide a chaperone for my Deaf student(s)? Yes. You must provide a chaperone to sit with your Deaf student(s) in the ASL reserved seating.
How do I register my Deaf student(s) for these seats?
Please follow the steps below to register:
- Contact Nicole Switzer (email@example.com) to confirm seating availability in the ASL reserved seating section. Nicole will reserve the number of seats you require, and you must confirm at that time that you will provide a chaperone for that student.
- Go online and register your Deaf student and chaperone with your group for the event. You will register them along with your entire group in the section you have chosen for the rest of your group.
- When you arrive at Overflow, you will be given special wristbands (the amount you have reserved) for the ASL reserved seating section.
- Your Deaf student(s) and chaperone will therefore have access to both your group's section and the ASL reserved seating section.
How do I get to the WMRC?
Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex
101 Father David Bauer Drive
Waterloo, ONN2J 4A8